Sunday, November 9, 2008

Art is the Struggle to Be Virtuous

Hello Everyone, 

I have been talking to some of you about my interest in renewing the salon environment we once shared. A space for friends, artists and free thinkers to engage each other with their ideas and creative energies. Now I invite you to join us at our kickoff event, First Day, A Celebration of the Inauguration of Barack Obama, on January 20 (the day of the swearing in).  I invite you to be a part of the program (open mic sort of thing) so you can express your ideas for the new era. I have booked a private room in a tavern on the UWS from 7 to 10 pm. So if you want to stand up, sing, dance, recite, rant or simply raise your glass to our future...we need you. We also have screens if you want to make a film or slideshow dvd. To participate in the program or planning of the event, please contact me. We have 72 days.  vjwindsor@earthlink.net

3 comments:

Katherine Sanderlin said...

This is an absolutely fabulous idea, and I am happy to support you in making it happen!

Anonymous said...

Jane,
It's Andrea.
I'm very excited about this and about your blog in general.

Hope springs eternal!

Bridget Harris said...

Jane,
What a wonderful idea. I HOPE to be there to celebrate the dawning of a new age!